Monday, February 13, 2012

A Few of My Favorites

As it is now known, I love to read.  I mean, LOVE.  I love a little suspense/mystery, I love a little romance, a little history, and a little contemporary.  

Here are a few that blew me away:


This book is so good!  I don't cry much at books, movies, TV but I did cry at this book.  Ms. Hannah writes a beautiful story of friendship and all the wonderful yet difficult things that go along with it.


Beautiful Disaster is one of my favorites!  I could not put this book down until I found out what would happen.  Ms. McGuire has written a fierce yet beautiful love story with this book.  


I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan and this one is my favorite of her books.  The topic is sensitive and to be honest I wasn't sure if I'd read it but Ms. Picoult really pulls it off.  She has a knack for really teaching you about her topics.  This book showed me a whole new level of its topic I'd never thought of before.


And last but not least, anything written by Harlan Coben.  This man is a master of mystery.  I was first introduced to him by my father and do a happy dance each time he releases a new book.  My top three favorites of his?

1.  Tell No One
2.  No Second Chance
3.  Just One Look

What are some of your favorite books?
Laura

4 comments:

  1. I have so many books it would be hard to start to name them, lol...

    I enjoy Paranormal/Fantasy Book (a la Harry Potter, Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse Novels, etc) and Romance (a la Nora Roberts etc) and Horror (a la Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, etc) but I also really enjoy reading Indie books that are great (a la Jessica Park)... I read pretty much anything!

    Check out my blog amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first 3 favorites are all on my favorites list too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look like really great reads (: Stopping by for the Love-A-Thon!
    Hope you are having an awesome Friday!
    Kayla @ Simply Kayla's Book Reviews
    (New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Disaster was unputdownable for me, too! She definitely knows how to keep you hooked! I haven't read an Jodi Picoult, but I'm always almost buying one of her books. I really should pick one up :0)

    ReplyDelete