Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday


Lovin' that it's Wednesday again!  Jill at Breaking The Spine hosts this fun meme where we tell you what books we are dying to read that will be released this year.  Here are my latest:




Eden by Jamie McGuire, the last in the Providence Trilogy.  I can't find a synopsis of it but it comes out in May and I cannot wait!  The first two books are Providence and Requiem.  You must read this series!




Goodreads synopsis:

Ryan is in LA to promote his latest film, Reparation, which is premiering Friday night. It’s time to introduce Taryn to “his world.”

So if you feel a tad unsatisfied with some of the open-ended threads from Love Unscripted, we still have Slipknot to film with the enamored Jonathan Follweiler at the helm, then there is the global premier of Seaside II with private jets and foreign countries to visit. Seaside III is scheduled to start production in the fall and Pete and Tammy’s wedding is in there too. And what about that script for The Isletin Solution? What are we going to do about that? Hmm…

More secrets, more lies, more drama, and certainly more media coverage. Stay tuned to read what happens to Ryan and Taryn next!!
Expected Publication: March 2012

If you haven't read Love Unscripted, the first book in this series, do so.  I loved it and cannot wait for this one to come out!




Boston, 1767: Revolution is brewing as the British Crown imposes increasingly onerous taxes on the colonies, and intrigue swirls around firebrands like Samuel Adams and the Sons of Liberty. But for Ethan Kaille, a thieftaker who makes his living by conjuring spells that help him solve crimes, politics is for others…until he is asked to recover a necklace worn by the murdered daughter of a prominent family.
Suddenly, he faces another conjurer of enormous power, someone unknown, who is part of a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of power in the turbulent colony. His adversary has already killed—and not for his own gain, but in the service of his powerful masters, people for whom others are mere pawns in a game of politics and power. Ethan is in way over his head, and he knows it. Already a man with a dark past, he can ill afford to fail, lest his livelihood be forfeit. But he can't stop now, for his magic has marked him, so he must fight the odds, even though he seems hopelessly overmatched, his doom seeming certain at the spectral hands of one he cannot even see.

Expected Publication: July 17, 2012

I love historical fiction and mysteries so this one sounds perfect for me!  I can't wait to get my hands on it.

What are you waiting on?
Laura

6 comments:

  1. OOhh finally! A post where someone is waiting on Theiftaker besides me! :) My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about any of these, but they look / sound intriguing! Might have to check out the first two series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Eden looks so creepy, the cover reminds me of The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. And Thieftaker sounds awesome too!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eden's cover looks really creepy. Thieftaker sounds interesting. It's the time period I'm studying (I'm a US History major), so I'm a bit biased. Great picks!

    My WoW

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of any of these! I'll have to check out the Providence trilogy, and Thieftaker sounds really intriguing! Nice picks! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This covers are so pretty..I will be sure to add them to my wishlist pile!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :D I am a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete