Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

Eleven years
A lot happens in eleven years
On September 11, 2001 I had two small children and was expecting my third
On September 11, 2001 we were in Anaheim, CA taking our girls to Disneyland for our oldest child's birthday
Waking up that morning, we had no idea what we would see, watch, learn
That is a day etched in our memories forever
I remember walking in the hotel lobby, everyone was in a daze
I passed a woman on her cellphone, frantic
She was trying to learn if her boyfriend who worked in one of the towers was okay
I never found out if he was
I've always thought of her and hope she didn't lose him that day
Many did lose loved ones
My heart breaks for them
We will never forget
Now, I have a 14 year old
a 12 year old
and a 10 year old
They have grown up so fast
And the past eleven years have gone so fast
It seems like yesterday this happened
But it wasn't
Eleven years
Our country may have its differences and its citizens don't agree on every issue
But
We can agree that we are one and we will never forget that day.
Ever
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment